Also referred to as a "Not to Go beyond" price quote. - File that is the carrier's contract. It's signed at the time of loading and upon delivery. At delivery it serves at the customer's receipt and also shows the funds gotten by the carrier from the consumer. - Ensured cost quotation to provide transportation and other accessorial services.
- Slang term utilized for the "Customer Check-off Sheet." - A service supplied by moving companies where furnishings and other products not in a carton or dog crate are covered and safeguarded with cushioned, furniture blankets. Moving vans come equipped with hundreds of moving pads; this service separates household carriers from other modes of transport.
- Van line agent who accepts an order for transportation from the shipper and signs up the order with the provider. - An item that is particularly recognized in the provider's tariff and incurs a surcharge since of the unusual and tough nature in the loading and shipment of such items - atlas moving company.
Some bulky posts because of its size have a Weight Additive charge, boats and boat trailers are items that come with a Weight Additive charge. - Company that is providing the transport services for the carrier. - Shipment where the customer is required to pay the moving charges at the time of shipment.
- The products being shipped i. e., used home goods. - Damage that is not evident by the external condition of the post. - To transfer or deliver a shipment to another person or party. - The person revealed on the carrier's bill of lading who is to receive the delivery.
- The act of putting deliveries into individually sealed containers. This may be an overseas container, which is generally a 20' or 40' metal container or likewise a storage container( s). - Company that is accountable for the payment of an employee's moving, likewise described as a National Account. - Custom-made made wooden container utilized to pack uncommonly big, large, heavy or important products i.
Dog crates are typically charged by their size. - Kind utilized by an estimator to identify the quantity of area or volume a shipment will use up in a moving van. The type shows a listing of posts generally discovered in a house together with the cubic footage of the product.
Particularly, an unit of measurement that is 12" high, 12" large and 12" deep. Normally, home products trailers have between 3,600 to 4,200 cubic feet of offered van area. - Type that shows the variety of posts packed in a shipment. A colored, numbered inventory sticker is put on each piece of furniture, box and article that is loaded.
Upon delivery the consumer is asked to check-off the shipment utilizing this form in order to verify that all products are received. The kind also permits the customer to make notations about damage or loss at the time of shipment. - Atlas Van Lines form that is offered at the time of the estimate.
- Packing service where charges for packing are on a per box basis. - Federal government company whose task it is to check and impose duties or tolls on imports or exports as directed by the laws of that nation. - The action where a delivery is cleared for entryway into a country and any duties, taxes or tolls are enforced and gathered.
- Carrier's declaration of the worth of the items being delivered. The stated worth will identify the mover's maximum liability for the delivery while in their care. - This is the concurred upon date or variety of dates concurred upon in between the consumer and the provider regarding when the delivery is to be provided.
- The detention of an abroad container beyond the concurred upon date leading to a day-to-day detention charge. - Van lines' representative at the destination area. Location representatives provide services that might be required at the delivery end of a shipment i. e. storage, shuttle bus service, unpacking and particles elimination.
They consist of storage, shuttle bus service, unloading and debris elimination. - Packing container utilized for the packaging of dishes, glasses or other delicate breakables. This container is likewise called the china container or barrel. - Term typically used on global movings and signifies a service where products are filled at the origin address, and unloaded at the location shipment address, instead of simply to the port or airport.
- See "Long Carry" in this Glossary. - Corrugated and paper pad wrapping of furnishings bound for export. - Packing service where the charge for packing the entire delivery is on a weight basis, charges are per 100 pounds. - Assessment coverage offered to the customer at an additional cost offering complete or replacement value coverage for the shipment while in the van lines' care.
- Weight of the truck after the delivery has actually been loaded. - Consolidation of international deliveries in order to decrease the total transport expense. - Van Line representative who supplies the actual transport service. - Type provided to the carrier at the time of the price quote. Products that have a value in excess of $1,000 must be listed on the form.
- Usually, a van operator for the van line who is retained on a contractual basis to carry out services for the van line (atlas movers). Independent contractors are not workers. - Certificate showing proof of general liability and workman's settlement insurance coverage. Often, business buildings, condos and apartment require that specialists dealing with the premises reveal evidence of protection by means of this certificate.
- Shipment moving from one State to another State. - Delivery moving within the limits of a State. - Form that shows the piece count and a descriptive record of the short articles filled in a shipment. The stock describes the piece and its condition prior to it's crammed and permits the customer to make notations or exceptions of the condition of the shipment when it's provided.